Zoom with other members?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: Lammchen
Lammchen

Lammchen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Have you done Zoom meetings with your members or other members of forums? I haven't done it but thought it would be fun with members I don't mind seeing what I look like.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
No, not yet. Do you think it will have some effect?

Would be nice to celebrate an event that way. With everyone online and rely on video or audio calls, it is easier to gether a conference on almost any subject. And it is affordable too.

S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've only used Zoom for school. I don't particularly like Zoom. I think that I would use other solutions for video calling people on the Internet. For people I know well, I would use Facebook. For people I don't know in real life, I would use Discord.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've never been into anything audio or video. I did use a Webcam a long time ago with an epal. I can see the appeal of it though for families that are far away or to do office calls when not everybody is local & able to get to the physical location.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
It is hard to avoid work-related video calls recently. Everything is now online and we cannot say no when people at work want to talk face to face. But for everything else, text can be useful.

> @StormyFire For people I don't know in real life, I would use Discord.

Discord is fine. A lot of people use it, but not popular among office users.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
We can do that for our third anniversary. It is 6 months more. But by then we can get new members and get to know each better.

The problem is internet is a place where we can hide our identity and some of us like to keep it that way.

S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
I know that Zoom had a lot of security issues when it first launched. I'm sure they've sorted most of that out, but I still prefer to use Google Meet or other services for things like virtual appointments and the like.

S

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've participated in video chats with other folks I've met through forums. However, it is not something that I've arranged for my own forum's members. For me, I would hesitate because I wouldn't want to scare anyone off. Perhaps if we had 20+ members logging in daily I would consider pitching the idea to my members.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.