YouTube art

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experience in designing YouTube art ? I am planning to try some ideas. It would be helpful to get some tips from those who have already done.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Found this on official Google support

> Minimum dimension for upload: 2048 x 1152 px with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
>
> At the Minimum dimension, the safe area for text and logos: 1235 x 338 px. Larger images may get cropped on certain views or devices.
>
> File size: 6MB or smaller.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2972003?hl=en

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I do not know what they say, but YouTube art for desktop is only roughly the size of a web banner. If you make a wallpaper like YouTube channel art, only 10 % of it will be visible in laptops and desktops.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Then what size do you recommend ? Most images I checked has desktop wallpaper like dimensions.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I checked _The Verge_ 's YouTube channel art. It has 1104 x 179 pixels dimensions. Let us take it as 1100 x 180 px

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I tried uploading 1100x180 px image. YouTube rejected it and asked to use 2000 something pixel size. When I do that it get cropped badly. I need to find a sample image before proceeding.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
That is because YouTube channel art format is different. They use a single image for TV, PC and mobile devices. Which in my opinion is challenge for the end users.

FhubeSw.png
FhubeSw.png

Use the above image as base for building your channel art. Whatever comes in the blue area will be used for PC and mobile devices and the white area will be for the TV. I hope this will work for you. Let me know if you are get into any bottlenecks.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I managed to find the official size template from YouTube itself. You can see the dimensions below

wsLvNGp.png
wsLvNGp.png

There is a good chance that your art needs to be centered in the main image than align to the right side. There is a safe area for logo and text which lies almost in the centre of the image

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Finally, go that one right. All you could actually make is a small banner. Unless you are making the art for the TV. And I hate the part where I had to centre it so that it won't be auto trimmed. But all good so far. I got the dimensions right and managed to redesign the whole concept in such a way that it fits into the art template.

Last edited:
admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Happy for you. I too wonder why they cannot have 3 images or resize one image like Bootstrap. But we know how things are with Google. Let us play their game for now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.