WordPress LTS

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
LTS aka **Long Term Support** support versions are not something new who reads enough Linux blogs. There are many Linux distros which do LTS and there are some other services which do LTS.

The whole point is that your setup does not break with an update. ie, you took a platform, built on it and customised for your needs. Then comes a feature update ruining all of it. That is a big no-no in every angle.

Can't WordPress, stop reinventing the wheel every month and do an LTS. Something they support with security patches for at least one year.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
You will have my vote for this one. I think it is time that we move on from WordPress. That is what my recent experience tell me. It is a good CMS and widely used. A lot of attack is planned on them and they have no option but to release frequent updates.

It has become something like the Windows updates. Breaking a lot of things that we have spent time on.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I haven't used WordPress for a while so no idea about what is happening. But now i understand the sad state of the updates.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
@Jason WordPress is more or less the same 5 years if you skip the block editor part.

WordPress has no choice really. They are one of the most attacked platforms. But they should find a way to come up with an idea like LTS where only security patches are supplied for a wider range of time.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
A lot of hosts force you to update your WordPress. There are tools which web hosts can buy so that it will auto update CMS if updates are not installed manually by the customer.

In the end, it will break a lot of things that are running fine.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Now i have started using Blogspot and i am happy with the features and options. I may continue to use Blogspot as it is free and need no updates/changes from my side.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Jason free, yes, basic, yes, extensible ? Nope

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.