Which social media is best for forum promotion?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: Icefrost
Icefrost

Icefrost

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
There are so many social media sites out there which have thousands if not millions of users. For example if Facebook is a very good one, Twitter, Instagram, Tinder, TikTok and so much more.

Which one do you think is the best for promoting forums?

Nomad

Nomad

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Depends on what you want to promote or who are your customers. You will have to check the demography before beginning your social media promotion. If you are promoting for teens, Facebook is not very good, but if you are promoting to middle age people, Facebook can be really good.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
FB and Twitter are no doubt the leaders when it comes to the number of members participating. Sell it where the crowd is.

Yarik

Yarik

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
In my opinion, you would have to research what people are using a particular social media, for example, their age, country, etc. But in general, I would say Facebook and Twitter are the best choices someone could go for if they wish to promote their forum on social media.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I would say FB. There is no match to their tools and ad campaign options.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
Honestly, none of them. When I first started my forum, I advertised on social media. I had a few come over but they made a comment they were too "intimidated" by how big my forum looks. They are used to one post at a time scrolling.
People are either Team Forum or Team Social Media.

Heatman

Heatman

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Honestly, none of them. When I first started my forum, I advertised on social media. I had a few come over but they made a comment they were too "intimidated" by how big my forum looks. They are used to one post at a time scrolling.
People are either Team Forum or Team Social Media.
The problem is that forums are not appealing to a lot of people lately except for the few that really enjoy being in a well structured set up. It's the reason it seems like forums are dying down a bit. But I really hope Team Forum gets back to its former place soon but that's going to be hard.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
The problem is that forums are not appealing to a lot of people lately except for the few that really enjoy being in a well structured set up. It's the reason it seems like forums are dying down a bit. But I really hope Team Forum gets back to its former place soon but that's going to be hard.
There's still many of us who are die-hard fans of forums. Problem with that is, we are on each other's forums, helping out, posting, there's a lot of burn-out going on. It's certainly not like it was back in the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.