What to look for in a domain & host?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
As with anything out there, there are pros & cons. What would a new person look for when looking into domains & hosts? Are there any red flags that would go up? How much would we expect to pay for a good, quality service?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @ZandraJoi What would a new person look for when looking into domains

A name that you like, that's all. Buy from a reputed registrar only. That is very very important

As for hosting, you can look for affordable packages and on-site backup. Good support is very essential too. Don't fall for the offers and get tied up with unreliable hosts. They might vanish all of a sudden.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Make sure you buy domain and hosting from 2 different, reputed providers. Read reviews about them on Google and related websites.

Namecheap is very famous for domains. RamNode is a hosting provider I used to like. Not sure what is the current status about them.

There are providers like Linode, Digital Ocean etc who are top players in web and cloud hosting. You can also try Amazon Web Services aka AWS.

C

Cumulus

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Like others have suggested I often use a different domain registrar than I do web host provider - just to keep the two separate. Though I normally always host DNS with my hosting provider. Namecheap is my favourite for domains

Thread Owner: ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
Very good tips here! I've written the gist down for future use. Thank you to all who replied :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.