Were you successful with Affiliate Sales?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Affiliate sales of Web Hosting or other things and were/are you successful?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Jason Have you tried Affiliate sales of Web Hosting

I have seen people carrying banners across websites in Signature. It took me a while to understand that it was affiliate links. It is an interesting option to make money if you are a popular face in many communities.

Another method is to use affiliate links when suggesting answers. But most forums are not happy when you share an affiliate link.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi I see many blog write reviews and include affiliate link to make money. That is one of the cool way to earn some money.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @Jason and include affiliate link to make money.

Not unless the blog is very popular. If your blog is very popular, there are better ways to monetise it. Promoted blog posts are good only up to a certain extent.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
There is an option called Viglinks. It is an affiliate ad service which used to be very popular. It will change certain words on your blog, forum, website etc into affiliate links. And if those links go through with visitors, you can earn money.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think I'm probably one of the only website owners who actually refuses to use AdSense or affiliate links. I'm s privacy advocate, and really do not like ads cluttering the experience. I want people to visit my site and get hit with a ton of popups, tracking ads, pop-unders, and bitcoin mining ads.

My site is probably one of the few where you can actually turn your popup blocker off when you visit.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
That is an impressive stance. I am sure people would appreciate that. Personally, I would love to allow ads on websites I visit. Not a fan or adblockers at all. But some websites deploy in a very harsh way. You will hate yourself when you visit that website. Why ? That will be the question we will be asking ourselves.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
I agree many sites have numerous ads in their site which makes the browsing experience bad. I do have 2 banner ads in my blog other than that i don't want to add anymore banners.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I haven't seen their _Style Lead_ @Justin in a while. It could be simply because the theme for v1.9 is completed and there is no considerable work for him to get involved.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm on Proboards & we have an Affiliate Table we can put our "buttons" on. I haven't gotten any new members from being an affiliate. If I do get members, they have seen me on other forums posting. I still will do the affiliates but I don't put much hope into them like I used to.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @ZandraJoi I still will do the affiliates

Do you know that putting too many meaningless links on your forum can be bad with Google ?

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin Did not know that! Proboards tend to be all about the Affiliates & Buttons. The more the better. No one on Proboards ever mentioned we could have too many. So I thank you for giving me this tip!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bad outgoing links are not good for ranking with Google.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
@ZandraJoi

No problem.

Google does not approve useless link sharing anymore. They were public about that and experts believe that Googe bot's algorithm can now spot meaningless link spamming.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
So useless link sharing is bad for SEO in general right? Not only for Google?

C

Cumulus

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've not really had any experience in affiliate marketing for things like web-hosting, though I've had affiliate links in some of my blog sites before and they can bring in sizeable income (about 10% of total profits) with a good few hundred USD per month: All depends on the niche and product being marketed though - but there's some good schemes out there!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.