Update and Support for Forum Convertors

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
I see there are less or no updates and support for Forum convertors. Why is it so? The forum team not interested in bringing users to their script?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Which forums are we talking about ? Paid forums normally support conversion from other popular paid forum software.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
It is about Free forum softwares, i see phpBB, MyBB, SMF etc... lack convertors and many wanted to switch but no reliable migration tool.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
You want to switch to them or away from them ? Either way, free software staff has very less time on their hands which they prefer to dedicate to main software development.

That is the most polite way that I can put the situation.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi I am not looking for a switch but in the past i did some switch and sadly the convertors were not updated.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Because they don't care / interested. Why ? I don't know. Even the famed XF had on a vB convertor 3 months back. I haven't checked further. It is possible that XF is aiming forums from vB as a priority for _god knows_ reasons. One that I can think of is that there are many very very big forums that still use vB to continue the legacy backend.

There was not even IPB support. Personally when we see that, free software has much better support for convertors.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Forum scene is very tight now. There is not enough strong players. Some 10 years back there were at least 3 strong free forum software which match vBulletin. Now even might vB is struggling. To be honest, there is only one strong player in market, paid or free.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
They have a `since 2010` and `the only company like this` tag on their description. Do they charge heavily ?

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi Yes the charges are little high, even though the no of posts and threads are less their standard price is high. This site will help for users who make a massive switch.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi this is the same company who in fact owns and develops wpforo.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
[[1],[4]]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.