Too many links is bad SEO

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
All of us confess secretly that we were very keen about leaving incoming links on other websites. A lot of admins and webmaster do whatever is possible to achieve this.

Is in coming links good ?

No doubt, it is. If it is on a reputed website, such links are considered as an SEO asset

Then what is bad ?

You must be careful. I have seen websites sold to irresponsible players who change the whole theme to something adult or NSFW. That means, your links are now from an adult website. Google does not take this lightly.

Anything else ?

Yes, Google is aware of link spamming and they have made it clear through many official interactions that if you are leaving irrelevant links on other websites, Google bots are able to detect it.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
["Too many links are bad SEO","Too many links is bad SEO"]

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
It is. Also selling forums to people who do not know how to manage it is very common in the webmaster world. When we think like that, GDPR is a good thing. It is bad only from the webmaster point of view. If you are no longer visiting a forum, you can request/demand to remove your details.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin GDPR is a good thing.

Yes, it is.

> @admin you can request/demand to remove your details.

Sometimes it annoying for those who manage the backend.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I think we should focus on incoming links from social media. Those are very beneficial these days.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
The time for managing social media alone is gone. There is a full team to do such task these days. It was fun when a single admin or mod used to handle it. Now experts do that.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
This is good advice! I never considered that where I posted my forum's link would, or could end up being something I don't want to associate with. Very detailed & useful thread here!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.