Too many freelancers

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
A lot of people lost jobs in the last 1-1.5 year period. And due to this most of them got a themselves a PC, internet connection and started learning graphics, coding and so on.

The aftermath is that there are people who used to make a living from it. Now the market is flooded and the price has come down considerably due to bad practices in auction.

Are you affected by such a situation ? Or are you one of those fine people who survived the lay off craze ?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
It is not hard to learn make logos or build websites with WordPress. So the competition in this field has definitely gone up.

I do not despise the trend though. We can learn more complex solutions like app development or server administration and still stay relevant.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
First of all i feel really bad for the people who lost their jobs. But this is a good chance for them to learn new things and come up with new ideas. I think there is a considerable amount of demand in every field and the new freelancers will surely fit in. But they will always be separated from the field expert.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
There is nothing called a field expert. To make a logo or a WordPress website, 6 months of experience is enough.

It is true that skilled designers will still beat the new comers by miles. But imagine, someone quotes 100 USD for a website and another on 250 USD. Which one will the client choose ?

Last edited by a moderator:
admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I would like to see a new comer beat the HTML template I can make. It certainly requires skill, talent, exposure and experience. But as you pointed out people might choose $ 100 over a higher amount.

I am not saying that I dislike competition, but there are people who make a living from it.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi Client who wants the job done for less price will surely go for 100$ but many are willing to spend 250$ to make it more professional. Because my job is similar and clients are ready to pay huge money for it, but it depends.

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
There are people who can afford USD 500 - 1K. They will have their own terms and select us only after checking our past work. It is important to keep a copy of your work and build a portfolio.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
There are different sections of market. Low price, budget, expensive, luxury, brand etc

There is no logic between quality and price in market in most of these categories. And it is always fair when people are evaluated by the quality of product.

Lammchen

Lammchen

Valued Member
Reaction score
This actually happened to me a couple decades ago when I had a portrait business going and listed on eBay before others discovered it. I almost had a monopoly for a while but then more and more artists started showing up and posting their work at lower prices. I couldn't compete. Eventually when things get lower priced you can assure that your higher prices are better quality or you move on to a different type of site where people are willing to pay more for professional work.

H

HolisticStorm

Valued Member
Reaction score
As a teacher, I was continuously employed through the shutdown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.