Tech news blog

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I used to read a lot of tech news blogs until a couple of years back. But now I feel that most of them have died down and only a few big ones are breathing.

Do you think there is still scope for a blog which talks about smartphones, Android, iOS, Windows etc ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
[[3],[7]]

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Depends on where you live. Tech blogs were a thing of 2012-13. That was the time when everyone was into it. It is not that you cannot start one successfully, but there are big websites which has invested in the CMS and SEO mightily.

They have a lot of back-links, Ads on Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. Their advertising budget itself is many times revenue of many small blogs.

But there is always room for a new idea. If you can think differently and present the content in an appealing manner, there is still a lot of space for you to stand in.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the case everywhere ? There are big companies that feed on the weak. But we can have our own space and find some revenue, fame and admiration.

There are YouTube stars like MKBHD who survived even when Cnet, Softpedia, Verge etc are fishing in the same pond.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @Abhi we can have our own space and find some revenue, fame and admiration.

That is there. If you have a day job, this might give you an extra income. You cannot make your living from it easily. Yes, we can do that, but lot of work, investment and time.

> @Abhi YouTube stars like MKBHD who survived

That is what I spoke about being different in how you present the content.

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin If you have a day job, this might give you an extra income.

Looks like that is how it is going to work for most of the webmasters. In this era, completely depending on a web project seems to be almost impossible.

It is not just the ideas and skills you need. Shameless spamming skills, member poaching skills, cruel profit-based product promotions and ads, all those make a financially successful project.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
If you are going to do something everyone is doing, then there is no scope of success. You can be moderately successful.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin If you are going to do something everyone is doing, then there is no scope of success. You can be moderately successful

Both true and untrue. You can reuse an existing model, but offer something different that nobody else does.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @phenomlab You can reuse an existing model,

I agree. But I cannot recall any succesful model. Do share if you can come across an exmaple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.