Starting a micro blog

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
Do you think starting a Twitter-like microblog is a viable project ? Depending on the topic, there will be some adjustments in the backend. But I think with everyone going for blogs and forums, microblogs are very much forgotten.

You can talk about a topic and the same way, people can ask questions about it. If you do it properly, Google will pick it up like forums and blogs and bring traffic.

I do not know any micro blogs other than Weibo and Twitter. Perhaps it is time that we think beyond standard projects.

admin

admin

Community Leader
AB$
I will say, let us do it. That is how ever big project come into being. It is not hard. There are free software available to do what you are looking for. People might love to have something like Twitter for their own topic. Let me know if you need any help.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
Sounds interesting. I will check the available options. It will nice to have some help as well.

J

Jason

Valued Member
AB$
Wow seems an interesting project going to be started by Admin Tech member

Lammchen

Lammchen

Valued Member
AB$
Unless you have a big audience, you might get lost in the traffic of Twitter trying to find your people. There are smaller sites that offer micro blogging where you might stand out more when people search your keywords. I have considered signing up on some of the smaller sites but haven't made that commitment yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.