Some copy, some stubborn

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I have seen this particular behaviour in forum software. When a feature gets popular, some forum software makes exact copies of it and add it into their feature list. Some on the other hand, possibly some open source software simply refuse to even barely imitate them. The reason is mostly " we do not do copy cat ". While it is an admirable stance sometimes it feels like being adamant or stupid to their users. Imagine a killer feature not available just because the project you love doesn't want to add it.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
That is the sad state of affairs in this kind of software. I always think that why people get blunt when they climb top of the ladder. The hatred for the like button in forum software existed for almost a decade before it became a standard feature. I simply assume that people are like this. When they contribute enough and get some respect, they don't like to be lectured of anything.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Vanilla forums is different from almost all others. They are damn good on features. But very bad on aesthetics. I think they have all the features of mainstream premium forums available. But I have not come across many of them in Google. I always wonder why they are not the most sought forum solution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.