Software that everyone uses

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Have you ever dared to use a software that is custom or not common ? ie, using something like _Grav_ instead of _WordPress_ ?

In most cases, you will find that you are on your own. No support, no ecosystem. You feel like you are locked in.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I always tried to stay clear of those. Not that I haven't tried. I like to try new scripts and software. And I have tried most of them locally. When I feel that this one can be used in production, I simply use this in production, otherwise it is goodbye.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin And I have tried most of them locally.

That sounds like a good idea. I wanted to try Flarum locally. Never got a chance though.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
You can create a VM and do whatever you want. When you are done, simply get rid of it. Safe and simple.

That said, your PC needs to have enough resources for a VM.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi I tried Grab some time ago, and whilst I liked the concept of a database free CRM, I didn't like the idea of using a skeleton and associated templates. The huge plus side of WordPress is it's ability to be simple yet powerful - Grav is also powerful, but very confusing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.