Shared Hosting and SEO

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Do you know that Google thinks shared hosting is an acceptable form of web hosting ? You do not need to move to a dedicated server for SEO purposes. But make sure that you are with a good hosting company which will make sure that websites are not overloaded.

Google ranks each website based on its value, not based on other websites on the shared hosting server. If you have a bad neighbour, there is no need to worry about it.

That is certainly a relief to people who are not planning to use a VPS or a dedicated server

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Nice share. It was very informative. A good shared hosting provider can always be trusted. But if you can, it is better to use a good VPS.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
It is ok to use shared hosting in my opinion. I have use shared hosting and it never affected the SEO the bad way.

But it is to be noted that I relied on trusted providers only so far.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
I believe that a good provider also works on the SEO to some extend. Because they are there to sell and if the word goes out that a provider has bad SEO, it will affect their business. They will at the least try to better other shared hosting providers in terms of SEO. Also because they want websites to grow and their customers invest in higher plans with them.

Nomad

Nomad

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Hosting is not in any way connected to SEO. Except when your site is down or slow due to hosting issues or you are using a free hosted platform (subdomain sites), it is not a concern of Google what kind of hosting you are using.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.