Plugins/addons

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: StormyFire
S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
Do you use a lot of plugins or addons on your forum?

I use phpBB, so using plugins is necessary to get a lot of helpful and convenient features. ^^

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, those that are necessary. But I try not to go hunting every plugin that is available.

If I am using a paid software, they have more features in the core.

Jasony

Jasony

Valued Member
Reaction score
I need plugins even on Xenforo, because I want it to do certain essential things needed by my forum. Well, I needed something bigger than a banner and also, I needed a math notation one. Anyway, plugins are never difficult to install on any forum software so far.

Last edited:
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
When I first started my Proboards forum, I went with what other PB forum owners did because I didn't know what to do. Now that I learned more, I do ones that make life easier for members. However, I don't overdo it. Since I'm not technically inclined, more I have, more can go wrong & I don't know how to fix it!

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Flarum needs a few plugins because it is framework first. So yes, we have a good no. of plugins in use here. Including some officially supported plugins.

I have always tried to keep everything at minimum to make sure that there is no plugin clash or incompatibility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.