Personal blogs

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I recently see that everyone who knows bits and pieces of webmastership is starting a blog. There won't be anything exciting in it. But it will be like I woke up late in the morning and now I have to do that, this etc.

While I know that they are at complete liberty of doing whatever they want, do you think that it is a worthy allocation of your time to read these blogs ? What is the point of having a blog when this could be well be in home with a diary.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
[[7],[1]]

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi I understand many including me get the sudden feeling to start a blog but very very few continue to write. If you really good with writing and you have interesting content it is good to continue else as you said it is better to write in a diary.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I started with a personal blog. The only reason I started it was to have my own personal space on the web. It was a rare thing those days. I was happy that I created one.

Then I started to share knowledge that I come across on various platforms. I had some serious blogs where successful both in case of traffic and monetary benefits.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @Jason If you really good with writing and you have interesting content

That is not correct. I use to write very poorly. I was certainly not a blog / magazine grade writer. The more you read and the more you write, you get better every day.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Jason start a blog but very very few continue to write.

That is much better than the people I mentioned. There are some who write absolute rubbish. We cannot stand reading the whole post.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Abhi While I know that they are at complete liberty of doing whatever they want, do you think that it is a worthy allocation of your time to read these blogs ? What is the point of having a blog when this could be well be in home with a diary.

I think there's value here. Rather than a blog where you simply force feed tips etc (whilst useful, can get, well "boring" after a while), have an online diary where you walk people through scenarios of what worked, what didn't work, etc.....

The key here is a paradigm - if someone can relate to the content, then they will follow and read. If you look at the pure sh#* that's posted on Facebook (concerning dinner, parties, breathing in and out 😠) something that is factual and true to life is going to be consumed at a much higher rate that pointless cr#p.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Abhi There are some who write absolute rubbish

:) see my comment above !!

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin That is not correct. I use to write very poorly. I was certainly not a blog / magazine grade writer. The more you read and the more you write, you get better every day.

True. 100% - I can provide some links to content I've written which has been cited in other articles as fact. For example....

It's very American in the sense that they refer to me by my surname, and it's also out of date in terms of title etc, but...https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/how-to-defend-against-ransomware-300284128.html

>Cutting, who is senior vice president, information technology, at EnTrustPermal, takes users through the history of ransomware, as well as the various mechanisms used to block users' access to their own files and systems. His Peerlyst post, entitled "Threat Evolution–Ransomware–Easy Pickings, Easy Profit," also offers tips on how to prevent ransomware attacks, as well as what to do when a system is compromised.

>Once a system has been infected with malware, Cutting is adamant that victims should not pay the criminals who have invaded their computers: "You need to be mindful that this is nothing more than extortion and theft, and if you pay to unlock access to your computer or files once, then you WILL be targeted again. Remember 'your personal decryption code' that identifies your system (Petya)? Well, there is a very high chance that this code is added to a sucker's list somewhere—and those lists are sold onto other cyber criminals via the DarkNet (TOR), who use this as intelligence to target those who have paid before, and will likely pay again."

>To read Cutting's full post, go here:

https://www.peerlyst.com/posts/threat-evolution-ransomware-easy-pickings-easy-profit-mark-cutting.

The article doesn't exist after I "fell out" with Peerlyst over their disgusting policy of allowing bullying on their platform and refusing to step in and do anything about it - so, I deleted my account and content with them.

Long story...

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I had no idea that you do professional writing. It must feel good to try once.

What I wanted to say is that some blogs ( vociferous ) are more like feeding the result of a cooking experiment. 😁

Last edited:
J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin Oh i thought this is what Google needs nowadays, poor content gets kicked down and cool title and content gets pushed up

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi Here's another from Trend Micro, whom are very well known in the AV and Malware Endpoint space

>These powers unite for predictive capabilities

Machine learning and big data both have distinctive characteristics on their own, but when combined, they can provide active threat maps and even predict the next attack. In an article for Peerlyst, information technology expert Mark Cutting noted that assimilated data might be enough to identify a pattern of breaches to consider an organization at risk of an attack.

https://newsroom.trendmicro.com/blog/big-data-and-machine-learning-perfect-pair-cyber-security

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
: me looking for salute emoji :

Are you well connected in your niche ? I think so. Anyway, hope to learn from your experience.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Abhi : me looking for salute emoji :

😄

> @Abhi Are you well connected in your niche ? I think so.

Not necessarily. Just very well quoted !

> @Abhi Anyway, hope to learn from your experience.

Of course. That's why I am a member of this forum

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I think if people are starting to write personal blogs, they should have something interesting for others to come and comment. A lot of us can do that and one day become a well-quoted source of information.

It is wrong to think that technical information is the only valuable source of info. Personal experiences which you read can have huge impact on your life.

Lammchen

Lammchen

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of forums that have blogs now and I wonder if it's actually working for them or if it's working against them if they don't maintain it and you see their last entry was a year ago. The owner of my forum wanted to start a blog but I asked him if he wanted other user's beliefs to represent the site as being what newcomers see first thing and think that we as a site validate those beliefs. It can be hard to determine the correct route.

MikeJones

MikeJones

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Lammchen I have basically been using my forum as a blog. 😅

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, I had a website that I turned into a slash blog. It was more of my personal writings. I did it for me. But I also have been keeping a diary since 1990 & still maintain it. Only difference is, I use Word. If I have some personal writings I'd like to share, I just do it on my or other forums. To me, I cannot try to run a forum AND manage a blog.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @ZandraJoi keeping a diary since 1990 & still maintain it

that is impressive 👏

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.