Open source people are rude

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Not a statement. Maybe just not limited to open source. But as a person who loves to use open source, I have every now and then bumped at very rude guys. They will attack and insult you for no reason. Some of them are not happy about making enough money. I think that is one of the main reason for the rudeness.

They often forget the recognition part. But sometimes, I feel empathy for them. Some people are really rude at them as well. Swearing at them when their work is available for free. Sometimes even that is not without reason. But attacking FOSS volunteers will only worsen the emotional atmosphere around it.

What do you think ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
That is true. A lot of people are not happy about not making enough money. But there are also people who love to work and create great products that others love and admire. That itself is beyond any other form of satisfaction to them.

We cannot weigh everything in terms of money. Those rude guys are mostly bullies and they will behave so no matter what they get in return.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I can see that. FOSS is a great concept, but some idiots are ruining it. Look at Discourse. Have you been to their forum. My experience so far is very friendly. They have a constructive atmosphere.

Not everyone is bad. But one pinch of salt can ruin the milk.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @Abhi Not a statement. Maybe just not limited to open source. But as a person who loves to use open source, I have every now and then bumped at very rude guys.

Seeing this made me smile. Have you ever used Observium ? Adam Armstrong who is the founder is a total a**hole

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/31rbir/goodbye_observium/

He has a 100% "god complex" and thinks he's business. In fact, he's a $%&* :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.