Move to VPS

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
How long do you think people will be able to manage with shared hosting ? Web apps are getting more powerful and demanding. It is really hard for a lot of them to work them on shared hosting when there is peak load. How far do you think the days of VPS first will be ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
It will take another 5 years at the least. The scaling is not happening in a rapid phase. But when the shift is more towards mobile apps, mostly advanced algorithms like we have in image processing and game engines, that is going to be taxing. Such development and deployment already needs a decently powerful VPS. But web apps are a different game altogether.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I agree. Commonly used web apps are comparatively less taxing on the hardware. Dependencies are not so demanding either. But I feel that more people will have to start with a VPS in the coming years. As someone who pays of hosting, I would not want it come to us soon.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
People want to use shared hosting. So software makers give it to them as shared hosting ready. Shared hosting is cheap, affordable, easy to use and manage. There are web apps which are demanding when it comes to hardware resources. But it is normally limited to enterprise environments. I don't think it will get popular like WordPress or Joomla.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.