Less technology

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Some people prefer to live with less technology in their lives. Can you understand the desire to live a simpler life?

I’m one of the people who doesn’t care for the shiny new toys out there. I prefer to learn real life skills that don’t require electricity. However, that’s not to say tech doesn’t make our lives easier, it certainly does, but there’s also a fine line between being able to be self-sufficient & having to rely on tech for everything in life.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Too much of anything is bad. Tech when used without knowledge can cause more harm than good. Apple products for example. A lot of people buy them for neighbour's envy. We can always ask, which version of `iOS` is your iPhone or iPad running. And it will be fun to see the puzzled look in their eyes.

But there are people who understand what it can do and then make an informed decision. That is how every tech approach should be. Some says they are the best and we are not supposed to believe them and give them our money.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I would live away from the internet if I can. But there are a lot of things that needs staying online. Paying bills is one of them. It is really tiresome to stay in a long que in the sun to pay a very small amount. And it has to be done for a couple of bills. If I do not do it online, it will take one working day for me to pay each of my bills.

Another very useful online service is Telegram. It is very popular where I live and people can avoid coming back to office or home to pick a lot of things that they forgot.

I learned a lot of things through YouTube. I do not know whether I could be of any use if I am going to refer books from the nearby library.

Google has an answer to everything. It is hard not to use it. But I come from a time when Google was not this dominant. I know that if one day internet broke, I will still survive because of the old skills.

Thread Owner: ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin I know that if one day internet broke, I will still survive because of the old skills.

I'm a firm believer in Prepping. While I don't go overboard, I do want to know non-tech stuff to keep my family safe & healthy. I've also acquired some books for if we ever lose power &/or need to fend for ourselves. I come from an era where we relied on our neighbors for help & good ol' using our heads. Many of us know people all over the world but not our neighbors anymore. Sadly, we too are one of those people. Everybody is so 'busy' with their lives.

S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
I view technology as more of a convenience than a necessity in most cases. It's important to know how to do things without technology just in case. ^^

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I heard on the news that some CEO in the UK fired 900 people in a single 3-minute Zoom call.

I am not sure what to term it. Funny or terrifying ?

S

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
I must admit I am one of the types that enjoys the latest gadgets. Because I have such a financially conscientious husband he helps keep my extravagance in check. I am a spender by nature so I have to really be mindful of my purchases. Even my investment accounts I view as "Buying" stocks an ETFs - as opposed to "saving" or "setting money aside".

I do like the idea of owning quality technology that will last me a long time before it starts feeling obsolete. A couple of examples of technology that I use on the regular basis as such are my Macbook Pro and my Kindle Oasis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.