Joomla for Magazine

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I tried Joomla for a magazine layout sometime back. It is so hard when compared to WordPress, but we can do a lot more than in WordPress. I am confused now. Some WordPress magazine themes have widgets for popular, latest, trending etc. This is almost in-built in Joomla. 😕

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Forget Joomla or spend 6 months to learn. That is the best advice I can give.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Joomla 4.0 beta is now available.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
I want to try it when it becomes stable. I don't whether they will make things a lot easier than how it is now. If they could cut the learning curve, I am sure there will be a huge no. of people who would like to switch.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
New in **Joomla 4 beta**

[*]- Install Joomla in the blink of an eye: An easier, faster and more user-friendly install process
[*]- Brand new User Interfaces: (backend and frontend): intuitive and logical, easy to understand and use
[*]- Joomla is people first: We aim to ensure that the templates are accessible (Level AA of WCAG 2.1)
[*]- A fully rebuilt Media Manager: With a clear and logical User Interface and built-in image editing options.
[*]- A new Workflow: Manage your content in an advanced and customisable way.
[*]- Web Services: Make your content accessible to other websites and for easy mobile app creation.
[*]- Cast-iron security features: Features like support for prepared SQL statements, so your website stays safe and secure.
[*]- HTML Mail Templates: Customisation of the emails, sending emails from your site has never been so easy!
[*]- Improved and expanded Command Line Interface (CLI): For smooth integration of your components
[*]- A cleaner and more powerful codebase: The code has been cleaned up thoroughly, all Joomla 3.x deprecated functions have been removed, and we use PHP namespaces, enabling developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before
[*]- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS.
[*]- An enhanced event dispatching system

[Source](https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5811-joomla-4-0-0-beta1.html)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.