identifying copy paste content

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was a member of a particular forum where there was a user who used to post useful guides on various topics. He got a lot of likes and appreciation from users and the staff alike. After a month or so, another member pointed out that those articles were stolen from other sources.

The staff were furious. If there is one thing that could put a webmaster in trouble is copy-paste content. Google can easily detect stolen content and will punish you for that. There are also legal complications too.

Do you stand guard to such problems ? How do you monitor the content posted on your website by unknown people.

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
["identifying copy paste","identifying copy paste content"]

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi It is a serious issue really, but as of now i haven't come across the situation as the forum are user generated contents there may be similarities. I haven't seen any post tutorials or guides in my forum till now. If they post it is better to do google search with few key texts of their post to find was it a copy paste content. If so i will warn the user and delete the post immediately.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Do you know that hosting offers are the same text copy pasted on tons of websites ? I don't think Google will consider it stealing, but that is going to do something bad when it comes to organic traffic.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi I do copy content but i re-write and post few of the copied content (i know it is bad). I feel it gives the content a new look rather than copy paste.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Re-write is never copy paste. And I was not aiming at you 🤐

When we allow people to post offers on our website / blog / forum, the copy paste the same content on all those websites.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi Sorry you misunderstood me, i was saying what i do in my website and it was not the reply to your content. I said i cheat like this to make the post look genuine :D

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
You are hilarious. Nice of you to share your trick. I don't think it is cheating. Re-writing is not easy, it takes considerable skill to imitate a content without being a duplicate.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
There is a tool called CopyScape which we can use. But Google -ing a few parts of the article would tell you the truth. I really hope I do not have to do it.

Nice to know that you have started building content @Jason . That is always the first step towards a lot of traffic.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin There is a tool called CopyScape

Isn't that a paid tool ?

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi He he he, yes skills are needed. I just write few lines of the offer and share the Coupon code unlike Original post which will be in detailed manner.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Do you know there are article generating software ? Yes, most of them are paid and can sometime produce very genuine articles. I won't bet on its quality in long run, but is something you need to checkout if you are into building a lot of content and no matter how.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.