Hosted service

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
If you have followed the web hosting industry, there is too many players. The industry is beyond saturation point. A lot of big, established players, a lot of small players and so on. I think it is really a challenge to start a web hosting service at the moment.

But instead, you can give a hosted service. For eg, Facebook is a very big blog + forum service in the core. They just have a custom layout which clicked.

What will you provide as a hosted service is that is more profitable ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe we could take on WordPress.com with free blog platform based on WordPress. More features than WordPress.com. Blogger is there and is a big threat to such a business model. Because competing with a Google service is no child's play.

Then there are things like hosted LMS based on services like Moodle. I am not sure what their license terms are.

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hosted LMS has huge demand these days. Not just now, it always had.

I used to check the local teachers at the college about their study material needs. They always asked for more material that they can use in a PC. Possibly they like the idea of using a project to teach. It is fancy 😆

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Hosted streaming too. But that need investment. There are many platforms looking for content and technology to stream. If you have the technology to provide IPTV, there are a lot of ISPs who would want to partner with you.

For streaming content, you would need media rights too. There are so many low price offering which you can get easily. As for originals, you can try that too.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hosted cloud services have demand too. Using NextCloud or OwnCloud to provide a hosted platform for those who do not mind data on others server is also a plus. A lot of clients won't mind. Look at Google Photos, personally, I will never allow my photos leave my device.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @Abhi personally, I will never allow my photos leave my device.

Same here. I will not my photos on third party server. I would rather loose them than lying around on internet.

> @Abhi Using NextCloud or OwnCloud to provide a hosted platform

Compromising a server or a cloud is easy for a lot of people. Be careful what you offer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.