Hiring a remote staff

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Are you comfortable hiring a remote staff ? Which area do you prefer ? I mean, will you specifically ask for the US or native English speaking community etc ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Depends a lot on what kind of staff you are hiring.

No need for asking a native English speaking staff if you are not particular about the language and grammar. Something like content creation in English.

As for choice of the location, it could be that one day they might want to convert them into a physical office. I have seen ads asking for people from specific cities in the US.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I think the Moodle was asking for someone from the US. Also the Vanilla forums, saw something on their website about looking for a remote staff who is from the US.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Those are companies which operate from the US. There is nothing wrong in them asking for someone near to their physical office. At some point of time, they might even summon them for discussions to the main office. So someone near will be comfortable for them.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
It will be hard if everyone asks for you to be from a specific country for remote work. The whole point of remote work is you being a global citizen.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Ha ha. You know it better than me. Almost 90 % of the remote jobs do not ask or check where you live. They just need the work done, if possible, at a throw away price.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @admin if possible, at a throw away price.

This is one reason why they come looking for people who work online.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
That is how the whole industry works. Make as much money as possible or spend as less as possible. You being smart is the only way out.

Make an awesome portfolio with testimonials. Prove to them that you and your work are worth it. Now see how much they will offer.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Sometimes when they work for opposite time zones, the money paid is really not worth the sacrifice on sleep.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
That is correct. I think people should not accept such offer at all.

Maybe accept the offer, work for a month or two. Make a good impression and tell the employer politely that you need a bonus for loss of sleep. I think if you work is satisfactory, they would not want you to go.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I agree with your idea about having a proper listing of skills and experience. Once someone looking for a staff see that a candidate is efficient, there is a good chance that they deal with him/her fairly.

Works the same if we are looking to hire someone as well. When we can verify that the person can do the work better than others, we will be confident in investing in them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.