Google Analytics

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
Since everyone knows what Google Analytics is, can a website work without it ? Is it so much important to add that piece of code ?
 
admin

admin

Community Leader
Joined
Aug 2, 2019
Messages
1,888
AB$
4,529
> @Abhi can a website work without it ?

Sure, what is stopping you ?

While Google Analytics can give you a lot of information about your visitors and perhaps the most dependable source for the actual no of visitors, there is no compulsion that you should use it. Bot traffic is effectively filtered by Google. And you get a break down of your visitors' OS, browser, location etc. If you not a person who likes planning with the help of these stats and want to make sure that no third party code is used, by all means, skip it.

 
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
Since it is a Google product, will Google hate us if we do not use it ?
 
P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
788
AB$
2,172
@Abhi not at all. I refuse to use it because it doesn't reflect privacy. I prefer and run Matomo
 
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
> @phenomlab I prefer and run Matomo

That is the first time I hear of it. Is it the same as Analytics ?
 
P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
788
AB$
2,172
@Abhi Yes, and better as you have full control over the content and data.
 
admin

admin

Community Leader
Joined
Aug 2, 2019
Messages
1,888
AB$
4,529
Can we trust them enough to put their code on our website ? I know that a lot of people have doubts about Google and its view point on privacy. But there is a good chance that small players will misuse their presence on your traffic.

: thinking out loudly:
 
P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
788
AB$
2,172
> @admin Can we trust them enough to put their code on our website ?

Yes. More so than Google Analytics.
 
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
Their listing looks feature rich. What exactly do you use in that ? I mean, which is most useful part for you ?
 
admin

admin

Community Leader
Joined
Aug 2, 2019
Messages
1,888
AB$
4,529
> @phenomlab More so than Google Analytics.

Any particular reason for that ? 🧐
 
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
Perhaps they have been around for some time. Is there a way to rate a company which gives its code for us to use. Even paid, how will know it is safe ?
 
P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
788
AB$
2,172
@admin yes. Privacy is at the core of what they do, whereas Google, it's not.
 
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
> @phenomlab Privacy is at the core of what they do,

What makes you say so ? They are just another profit hungry company when we see at first glance. I am not saying that is bad, but after Avast and Ccleaner disaster, I stopped trusting companies like these.
 
P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
788
AB$
2,172
> @Abhi They are just another profit hungry company when we see at first glance

What makes you think that ??

https://matomo.org/matomo-on-premise/ andhttps://matomo.org/privacy/

> Self-host Matomo Analytics on your own servers to ensure data remains in your hands. It’s for this reason that Matomo On-Premise is, and forever will remain free to download.
 
Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
4,264
AB$
11,782
Govts are also using this ? Let us assume that is a good reason to use it 🎅
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

AB Paperboy
Replies
0
Views
30
AB Paperboy
AB Paperboy
Abhi
Replies
3
Views
72
Nova
Nova
aaronjosephhall
Replies
2
Views
73
Icefrost
Icefrost
Top