Future of tech, good or bad?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
The other topic was about the future of tech. This one is asking, are you optimistic or pessimistic about the future of humanity? Many science fiction movies present a dark vision of the future.

Technology, which is supposed to bring us closer together, just makes us more depressed & isolated. People are addicted to tech. Just look at someone who lost their phone or lose electricity. They don’t know what to do with themselves. Tech is great, but you have to know when to curb your use as well. What do you think? Do you think it will bring us closer together or further apart? No right or wrong answers :)

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I agree with you. People who lost phones are as if lost in a desert.

But we have lived far from food and water for long enough. New ways of life are going to happen because there are fewer and fewer resources per day.

There is a good chance that one of those labs are going to make something that will fix the world for good. But let us be optimistic. There are many good things too. I could not have done what I can do without Google or YouTube.

They are considered bad by a lot of people but there are nice things too. Very very nice things in fact.

S

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I'm going to remain optimistic here. I think overall people are starting to be aware of the repercussions of excessive technology use. In my circle of friend we have it a point to unplug regularly and monitor our technology usage particularly when it comes to social media and television. For this reason, I think humanity will be fine and use technology to better our future as opposed to hurting it.

S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
It could be that, since technology like mobile phones have been present for a relatively short period of time, everyone has to get used to using them responsibility. Maybe in the future, social expectations for mobile phone use will change based on what is found to be most "healthy"?

S

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@StormyFire

Precisely! A lot of folks are guilty of 'mindlessly' scrolling. There is science behind the increase of cases of depression and mental illness. The increase hike of dopamine released for every Like makes individuals crash harder and more often. I too am guilty of using social media excessively. I try to limit myself to only certain parts of the day as opposed to constantly be looking at my phone.

Thread Owner: ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
Great answers! I unplug often throughout the day & have set times I'm online. Though I must admit I'm not too optimistic with the younger generation who are glued not only to the TV but now to their phones. They are the ones who will be taking care of us older folks & I shudder at that thought! It would be like, Oops I forgot to give Granny her meds because I was on level 5 million of the game I'm playing lol

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @ZandraJoi I unplug often throughout the day & have set times I'm online.

+1

> @ZandraJoi Oops I forgot to give Granny her meds because I was on level 5 million of the game I'm playing lol

I wouldn't dare to imagine. But is that still a thing? Do people take care of their elder this generation?

S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I think that there will be some positive changes from technology, but there is also a disturbing trend where we lose more and more of our privacy as technology advances. It seems that as technology becomes more sophisticated, it is easier and easier to spy on us at all times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.