Forum Hosted solutions

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I am pretty amazed by the fact that hosted forum solutions are not thriving. As everyone knows, making money out of a forum is not easy anymore. It is almost close to impossible if you do not do the right things which need investment.

I have heard of a few MyBB based forum solutions where you get everything free and platform put their ads. If such a model succeeds, people can ask for a share of that revenue. Instead, such services are mostly used by kids who want to start a forum with no idea.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Abhi Yes for starters they make use of this and don't pursue further. But once you get to know how the forum works many switch to hosting and setting things up manually to experience how to the full control will be.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Can't it be like YouTube where the content is text and images ? Why Google never thought of something like that ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
> @Abhi YouTube where the content is text and images ?

They tried it with Google Communities. I had a popular G + community which vanished with the platform. I never managed to bring them to another platform.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Abhi If they would have offered forum hosting service then it would be awesome. Like Blogspot they should have tried the forum hosting and see how it goes.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @Jason Like Blogspot they should have tried the forum hosting and see how it goes.

Precisely. Google baba, listen to us :D

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.