Does Anyone Run a Plex Server?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: PGen98
PGen98

PGen98

Valued Member
AB$
Beer Mug
Out of curiosity, I know I've mentioned my own several times, but does anyone else run their own Plex server? How are you finding it? Do you like the added control you have over the content? Do you feel it's lacking in any way?

For me, I love it, I love everything about it. I've digitized all of my DVDs and Blu Rays and am slowly adding them all into Plex and while I've discovered I did do one or two wrong and will need to re-do them, I absolutely adore the control I have, I even have Plex Pass and have setup accounts for my family to use, as well. Collections make it easy to watch a series of movies and keep tabs, or to watch similar movies like Comedies, it's really great! You do need to be very specific in naming your files so Plex can pick up which movie it is while trying to match up with the database. Otherwise, absolutely love it!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
I do not have a huge collection. But have a Plex install. It is working fine for me. I have also tried Jellyfin which is an open-source alternative for Plex. Both do their job neatly. We can manage with one of them.

Plex has so many options which are paid. Android app for example. So Jellyfin helps in those areas.

Thread Owner: PGen98
PGen98

PGen98

Valued Member
AB$
Beer Mug
Agreed, Jellyfin is a great alternative to Plex, and offers a lot more for free. I'm very comfortable with Plex, so I don't mind paying a little bit for it, for I do like Jellyfin as an alternative, definitely! I think both make for great media streaming options and give you control over your library, which is great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.