Do you use VPN?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

S

StormyFire

Valued Member
AB$
I use ProtonVPN. I use it because I like my privacy. I don't like the idea of my ISP being able to monitor all my traffic. It's also inherently more secure to use the Internet through a VPN.

DudeThatsErin

DudeThatsErin

Valued Member
AB$
Nope, I don't see a reason to use VPNs.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
AB$
Thank You Badge
Our new computer comes with McAfee’s. I tried it a few times but it prevented me from accessing many sites & forums, including my own. If anybody knows of how to fix that, I would love to utilize their safety features.

One I had looked into before was NordVPN. Since I use DuckDuckGo search engine, I learned of their TunnelBear. As that page says: "Recommended by a duck, protected by a bear!"

It’s annoying though that we DO have to continually use things like this in order to be safe on the internet. I guess I think of it just like any other insurance. Pain to have, but definitely needed.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
> @ZandraJoi Our new computer comes with McAfee’s. I tried it a few times but it prevented me from accessing many sites & forums, including my own. If anybody knows of how to fix that, I would love to utilize their safety features.

Maybe because it does not like free websites ( which are usually related to scams)

> @ZandraJoi It’s annoying though that we DO have to continually use things like this in order to be safe on the internet. I guess I think of it just like any other insurance. Pain to have, but definitely needed.

There is another side to it. VPNs were accused of tracking our activity.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
AB$
Thank You Badge
> @Abhi Maybe because it does not like free websites ( which are usually related to scams)

Good point! I did not think of that!

> @Abhi There is another side to it. VPNs were accused of tracking our activity.

We just cannot win can we lol

Last edited by a moderator:
admin

admin

Community Leader
AB$
> @ZandraJoi We just cannot win can we lol

Do you know that we can build our own VPN? It is very easy too. ;)

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
AB$
Thank You Badge
> @admin Do you know that we can build our own VPN? It is very easy too.

I'm sure it is for people who would know tech. Me, I can barely cook a meal LOL

> @Abhi This should work
>
> [https://openvpn.net/](https://openvpn.net/)

Ooh, thank you 😀

Nomad

Nomad

Valued Member
AB$
A lot of sites in my country are banned, therefore, I use VPN. Sometimes I also use VPN to access the sites that do not offer services in my location. However, I use a free VPN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.