Do you leave your computer on?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: StormyFire
S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Do you leave your computer on, or do you turn it off when you are done using it?

I leave my computer on. I get on it so sporadically throughout the day that if I turned it off every time I was done using it, I would spend all day booting it up and turning it off. ^^

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I try the Sleep mode whenever I am going away from my desk for a small period of time. If I done with my work, then I shut it down. I have always been a fan of shutting down the PC.

But with laptop it is easier to go to the Sleep mode that Shutdown.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
I mostly leave mine on & have it in power save mode within 20-30 minutes. I do turn it off a couple times a week though to let updates go through. I tend to be on throughout the day as well & sometimes I would wake up during the night & get on if I can’t get back to sleep. My mind tends to have the best ideas at night, much to my chagrin lol

Thread Owner: StormyFire
S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
My computer is set not to sleep because Windows 10 has a very annoying glitch where multiple monitors glitch out if you are using DisplayPort. It will move all windows to one of the monitors even if you had them distributed across all of them.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @StormyFire Windows 10 has a very annoying glitch where multiple monitors glitch out if you are using DisplayPort. It will move all windows to one of the monitors even if you had them distributed across all of them.

And I thought Linux is buggy. `21.10` on my PC does not wake from `Sleep`. I do not know whether it is just for me. I had to hard shutdown and then boot from scratch. After that I stopped using `Sleep`

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.