Do you get your money back

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
It takes invested to run a web project. Hosting, domain name, software, security addons, SEO plugins..

I have lost count of how many things you need to pay to run a website. Is your investment giving back anything ? You need to find some money to renew all these service every 6 or 12 months.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends a lot on the project and passion. Certain niche are profitable by default. Some of them, I do because either I love to do it or I want to learn different things by doing a project.

I do care about money, because those who do not value money is walking through the path of self destruction. I earn only honest money, no tricks, so I do not have much to waste.

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Yes, I am thinking about learning more about Bitcoin. A lot of people are talking about it. I am not sure whether it is more stable than sinking and mostly fluctuating currencies. For a moment you have enough and another something happens in the market and you pay the price.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
I would like to see how currencies like Libra are going to perform. They will add it everywhere, FB, WhatsApp and make bigger currencies look small.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Google Ads is almost impossible for Asian users. It is really hard to get approved. Asian traffic has very less value when compared to certain other demographics.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I haven't reached the point were i get my money back. I invest small amount so i don't worry about the returns much. But i do like to start earning honestly with a small ad section.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
> @Jason a small ad section.

Where people get to post ads in return for money ?

Why not try signature and banner ads too ?

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Thank You Badge
Mine's a free forum so I haven't had to pay for anything. Would it make or break it if you knew ahead of time you wouldn't get reimbursed? I know many sites & forums that have ads or even have members pay to advertise their own forum as well to help boost the money. Some even accept donations. Would you accept donations here? That may be an option for down the road.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
> @ZandraJoi Would you accept donations here?

No. Not interested in money through this project. If I am going to earn, it will mostly ads or affiliate links. While I have nothing against the concept of donation, I personally want to skip it where possible.

> @ZandraJoi Would it make or break it if you knew ahead of time you wouldn't get reimbursed?

For me, no. I do projects because I like to work on them. Money is a big deal, for all. But I will not walk backup once I decide on it. That said, I evaluate a lot before starting one.

> @ZandraJoi members pay to advertise their own forum

I think this is a win-win method. You give them something return. Something that is visible

Last edited:
Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
How about selling the project when there is no regular income ? When a domain is around and active for some time, it will add some value atuomatically.

_Friends of Forum_ links are very popular too. You will get money if there is enough traffic.

H

HolisticStorm

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I have never worried about getting a return on my investment in web projects. For me, this is just a hobby. I have a professional job that I use as my source of income; anything that I earn online is just a bonus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.