.com , can't buy even if available

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I tried to buy a couple of domains through a prominent registrar. .com for my choices were available. But they were listed as `Premium` and the price was huge. I don't know why they are doing it. Shouldn't they have a common baseline for all TLDs ? It is ok to charge a little less or more. But this price is exponentially huge for certain words.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Very sad to see many of the domains being locked to few parties and they charge premium price for it. As you said we should have a standard else good domains will stay with them forever.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
It is ok to take profit, but if the leading registrars become opportunists what will happen to the internet. It is more than money, an essential service and should have some moral standards.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
They hold on to it for long time and make the buyer get frustrated or look for cheap domain.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Anyone bought a dot com recently ? I often think it is a waste of money to get one for blogs and forums. As the returns are not very good. But if it is a project like Font Awesome, I will jump into the deal.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
That is not my opinion. Forums and blogs need easier to remember names than project websites. Why allow you thick pocket competitor to buy the .com domain when your forum / blog is on the greener patch ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.