Cockpit Project

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
https://cockpit-project.org/

Have you tried this one before ? They call it an open, web based interface for your servers.

> Cockpit makes GNU/Linux discoverable. See your server in a web browser and perform system tasks with a mouse. It’s easy to start containers, administer storage, configure networks, and inspect logs.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
How is this different to WebMin ? It's admittedly prettier, but nothing that WebMin can't fix with a modern theme :) No sense in reinventing the wheel I think.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Which one will you use ? Webmin or Cockpit ? I think `Cockpit` is well maintained.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi so is webmin

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I haven't used Webmin in a while. Mind sharing in 1-2 sentence what Webmin can do ?

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi Courtesy of webmin.com
>Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.