CMS integration

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is there any real advantage if forum software adds support for CMS ? Would like to have a WordPress bridge or integration with Ghost or similar CMS ?

V

vulcano

Valued Member
Reaction score
In general the advantage of having two softwares sharing the userbase is terribly useful when you have community generated content. You don't force them to create a new account and if is well integrated you can share the bio, profile pic and everything, making it smooth. Specifically with the CMSs, some use them as kind of "social network" (for example with buddypress), or a forum can be a place to have internal members discussions, which as soon as it gets over 10 members can be difficult.

In general you want to make it as easy as possible for contributors to contribute, a forum can be a a perfect place to solve problems, post internal guides (which WP doesn't have as a feature) and so on.

Can't wait for flarum to be stable and see all those integrations popping up!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @vulcano Can't wait for flarum to be stable and see all those integrations popping up!

Most of them will be paid plugins. WordPress integration already is. I would blame WordPress for not providing a good forum solution. Joomla has a couple of good options but paid. Not sure about Drupal.

> @vulcano You don't force them to create a new account and if is well integrated

Agree with your 100%

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @Abhi Most of them will be paid plugins. WordPress integration already is

What if someone comes with a free plugin ? :)

Why just WordPress, you can try a Joomla plugin. But then you can use Kunena and other forum modules. I am sure there will be some integration with Joomla 4.

I checked Drupal extensions and distributions last day. Most of them looked dated. I have nothing against Drupal but once you see such dead activity around the very new Drupal 9, people tend to move away.

V

vulcano

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin It takes forever to pass from one version to another.... people are still upgrading modules from 7 to 8

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Why is it so ? I saw a lot of promotion before and at the launch of Drupal 9.

V

vulcano

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi because it takes time with new versions, a lot of time. Main big modules will make the switch fairly quick, but a shit ton of them will lag behind

Last edited:
V

vulcano

Valued Member
Reaction score
@phenomlab it looks awesome, grats man!

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@vulcano Thanks ! I really appreciate that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.