Can positive colours improve viewership

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I see that blue is taken everywhere where there is a scent of enterprise customer who means business than fun and excitement. Blue is certainly a calm colour with enough appeal to the general crowd.

Google managed to play with a mix of vibrant colours along with the ordinary mix of blue and white. Their UX is not bad either.

How much have you worked in colours on your website ? Was there any improvement in time spent, returning visitor etc ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
If you look into the nature, Blue has a prominent part of play. Deep sea is blue, sky is blue. It could be that people love the blue sky and admire it when they see it around. Ancient myths and beliefs say that gods live in the sky or beyond. That adds another bit of attraction and reverence to sky which also passes to blue as a colour.

It is Microsoft who set blue for professionals as a trend. They might have done study on the colour scheme to use, no doubt. If you see Mac or Linux, there is less blue and bright shades has taken over. Ubuntu is far from blue intentionally.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @admin bit of attraction and reverence to sky which also passes to blue as a colour.

Got it 👍

> @admin It is Microsoft who set blue for professionals as a trend

Agreed, 100 %

> @admin Ubuntu is far from blue intentionally.

While they are doing impressive work, I still have no idea why they chose that colour scheme.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
I forgot to address some technical points you raise in the original post

> @Abhi How much have you worked in colours on your website ?

To the extent that they are unique and attractive

> @Abhi any improvement in time spent,

I think there is a positive value there

> @Abhi returning visitor

That is my guess.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@admin it's very hard to get a theme that is going to please everyone. For some time, one been toying with the idea of completely removing the light mode from my forum as an the development work is (in the words of Star Wars 🤭) on the dark side.

My personal preference leans towards dark themes. As a developer who spends a lot of time looking at and writing code, I'd much rather not have my eyes burned out by a bright white background. The real problem here is that not everyone is into dark themes....

A tough choice, and often best answered by "give them the choice of both" but then you have to maintain two sets of themes and accompanying CSS.

J

Jason

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I don't know whether it can, i have seen sites and forums badly designed but the user base is so huge. I do agree a pleasant site gives a better impression. And Blue is my color to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.