Buying articles

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Do you believe in the idea of buying content for money ? How often do you do that ?

Does it help in the growth of your website / blog ?

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
I can write good content. So I have not considered hiring someone to write.

> @Abhi How often do you do that ?

If you are doing it, don't over do it. Slow and steady always wins the race.

> @Abhi Does it help in the growth of your website / blog ?

Good and genuine content always help your website. No matter paid for it or otherwise.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @admin No matter paid for it or otherwise.

That is true. Good content is good. Welcome any time.

Don't expect it when you are paying cheap. People need some motivation. Pay better, get better.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
Most people don't pay you well. I have experience with a webmaster forum guy. He wanted a Linux pro for articles at around $2 per article. It was just last year. Linux pro and $2, I guess he got what he deserved.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
I think that if you engage people enough, this leads them to write better content rather than one-liners. $2 per article ?? That sounds almost insulting.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
You have no idea @@phenomlab

On freelancer.com and other websites, it is close to $5 per article. They hold logo contests. You offer USD 20 and you will get some 15 logo designs. Some of them are really great as well.

Some great minded people after receiving 10 + designs withdraw from the competition without paying anything to anyone.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @Abhi Some great minded people after receiving 10 + designs withdraw from the competition without paying anything to anyone.

That's just plain wrong and unethical.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Agree. But that is the real freelancer world. Your chances are better on forum marketplaces. Freelancer websites are out of question these days.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Abhi I know. I got approached by a large vendor in the security space who wanted me to write articles for them. Part of the stipulation was that anything I gave them was exclusive, meaning I couldn't use it on my own site for example, and the pay was pathetic. I declined 😀

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Ha Ha. They must have asked someone how much an article costs these days.

If you can write well, start your own blog. Otherwise it is just a waste of time.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Abhi Agreed. I've seen some blogs where the content was truly awful, yet people still visited and commented !

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
If you are good at marketing, that is not a difficult task. I know some people who participate in some 20 forums and do active post exchange. That is around 50- 60 post per day.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Abhi I think that probably works if it's your only source of income, but almost impossible if you have a full time job

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
While it applies in most cases, some of them have a very successful real life too. Personally, I do not know how people visit so many forums all the time. But some guys are super active. They simply do the undoable.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
I call such people athletic. I tend to believe they lack that scholar skills and are more athletic in nature. I mean, good at advertising but bad at generating content. That is the same as in the real life. Your fitness level is awesome but IQ skills needs a lot of work ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.