Building website using WordPress

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
Do you think that it is a sustainable business model to build websites using WordPress ? Can actually meet the needs of an end-user using WordPress and associate extensions ?

How vialble is it financially ?

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
@Abhi you can if you do it properly. What I mean by this is assume responsibility for the entire project - not just the website design, but the backup, database management, security, hardening, SEO / analytics etc.

Ordering a complete package for a competitive price can be very lucrative provided you hand over a WordPress build that is the envy of others in the same space as you. Create a product people actually want and need, rather then just designing the pretty front end and nothing else.

People like value for money and green they got a bargain when they get handed a system that is fast, secure, looks good, and most importantly of all, has a low administration footprint.

With all build I do, I also offer lifetime advice for free, but if that client wants extras outside of the original quote, they have to pay.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @phenomlab People like value for money and green they got a bargain when they get handed a system that is fast, secure, looks good, and most importantly of all, has a low administration footprint.

How about offering support and maintenance as a separate package ?

> @phenomlab What I mean by this is assume responsibility for the entire project - not just the website design, but the backup, database management, security, hardening, SEO / analytics etc.

Sounds like you have experience

> @phenomlab With all build I do, I also offer lifetime advice for free,

👍

> @phenomlab if that client wants extras outside of the original quote, they have to pay.

Sounds good

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @Abhi How about offering support and maintenance as a separate package ?

Yes, I offer that also. Reduced rate for existing clients

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
> @Abhi Sounds like you have experience

Certainly do 😁

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
AB$
What if people only want the front end but developers choose WordPress for the ease of building ? I know it is a burden to manage the back-end. But a lot of people use WordPress for the front end visual ecstacy.

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
AB$
In my kind of market, they will pay only for the website. And renewal fee if any. That is all. Most people like pay and forget model. They have no time to pay for monthly or bi-monthly subscription. If I am to do a commercial venture with whatever front end the client need, I will simply offer a price for 1 year. Whether I like it or not, I will have to include every expense in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.