Browser

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: StormyFire
S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
Which browser do you use?

I am very happy with Brave Browser. It does a great job of blocking ads and trackers.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I use almost all mainstream browsers. Helps me work efficiently that way. I am also a browser hopper like they do in case of distros. It is really nice to experiment one after another.

PGen98

PGen98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Waterfox and Brave are my daily drivers, also have Vivaldi, Baselisk and a couple of others for different engines when testing things

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I use Brave browser. The ad-blocker can be annoying at times but I rather have security. Trouble though, I do have to resort to Chrome or now Mozilla at times when I can’t unblock the ads on Brave. I may try another one but I haven't had much success with finding one that is high in security & privacy. Anybody have options?

B

Brave

Valued Member
Reaction score
@StormyFire I also use my name :)

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Vivaldi for now. It has a lot of features that other browsers do not offer.

I see that there are many fans for the Brave browser. Are you actually earning anything through it ?

PGen98

PGen98

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin I prefer the security features rather than the ability to earn crypto, so no I don't earn through it.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin I see that there are many fans for the Brave browser. Are you actually earning anything through it ?

I'm old school. I didn't realize you COULD earn something lol There are Brave Rewards out there. What it is for or does, I never bothered to look into. It says: "Earn Tokens & Give Back

Earn tokens by viewing privacy-respecting ads and support your favorite sites and content creators automatically." That's all I know lol

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @PGen98 than the ability to earn crypto,

That is how we earn? I always thought it will be PayPal.

PGen98

PGen98

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi Maybe it's changed, I remember when it first launched it was Crypto, but given the rise of crypto in the past couple of years, it would make more sense for them to use traditional currency. I'm not certain, though! I haven't looked at it since they first launched the Rewards feature.

Thread Owner: StormyFire
S

StormyFire

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have never used the rewards feature personally. I'm more interested in it for the security and privacy features, not for the ability to earn. I'm not sure if the rewards are viable. ^^

S

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nowadays I use Brave - I just like how responsive it is. Occasionally I will use Chrome when sites aren't functioning as smoothly but it usually isn't a problem. For work I use Chrome mostly due to all of the plugins I use for efficiency across my regular tasks.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Sharon I use Chrome mostly due to all of the plugins I use for efficiency across my regular tasks.

Do you use the Sync feature?

S

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi

The sync feature... is that where you can log in and your bookmarks and plugins are automatically accessible on multiple computers? If so, yes I do use the sync feature! This is particularly handy when I am needing to upgrade to a new computer.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @Sharon is that where you can log in and your bookmarks and plugins are automatically accessible on multiple computers?

Yes, the same 🌐

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.