Blogs that no one reads

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I hope that is not a new thing. But what will you do to make it have some audience ? What will be the plan of action ?

Will follow back as we do in Twitter will help here ?

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
Not really. A blog works differently in the sense that a back link or RPC ping back (where your blog under WordPress attempts to contact the site you back linked so they then visit you) are really the only ways, or joining an established Twitter thread for example, and pasting a link to your blog that way.

However, gatecrashing a popular thread that has no relevance to your blog is not a good idea - neither is simply dumping a link with no explanation then leaving - it's considered as bad etiquette. You have to invest time by contributing to the discussion, then once the conversation flows, you can then introduce your own blog.

The issue with RPC ping backs are that most sites these days will block them. Mine included 😁

Last edited:
admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Some interesting articles should help. Not the regular ones. They are everywhere. If we come up with unique articles then that could be something.

I am thinking that what we need more unique questions than answers. Mainly because that will contribute to the article titles.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin interesting articles in the sense that they should be original, be thought provoking, encourage discussion by asking the reader for their views, and also responding to any comments left.

I see this all the time with articles. Not only are they mediocre in terms of content, but someone who took the time to read it left a comment only to be met with complete silence from the author. In addition, those that are written a specific way to provoke a response often are left with no answers to questions because the author has already moved on to the next thing.

Another tip is to not mass post. Decent content requires enough time for the reader to review and digest without another 10 posts suddenly appearing. Keeping discussion alive is hard if you don't respond to threads with a couple of words, but much easier if the response is thoughtful and well structured. This is far more likely to generate a response than anything else.

If you want to labor a point, be constructive. Making an argument should always be done in a respectful manner that challenges a view, but not in a way that can cause offence. It's important to remember that if you counter a view, have enough foundation to support that.

Last edited:
admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Language and writing style could do real magic. I know people will write and when read you will feel like you just listened to someone face to face. They will be descriptive, clear, vocal and rich with wonder. Something like `it was a very long journey which took most of the day`. I am sure you got a good idea of how long the journey was and is already comparing the long journey to the one you had somewhere in your life.

> @phenomlab Another tip is to not mass post. Decent content requires enough time for the reader to review and digest

Awesome. A lot of people miss this

Last edited:
P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
> @admin it was a very long journey which took most of the day

Now playing with that a little, you could land up with

> The journey was long and arduous. By the time we reached our destination, nightfall was almost upon us, and we were exhausted.

Sounds much more intriguing, yes ? 😁

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
> @phenomlab Sounds much more intriguing, yes ? 😁

Sounds good when you remember those poems by Robert Frost and others. Did I say poetic ? 🤕

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin I'm often referred to as a wordsmith by colleagues 🤭

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Now that is something 😇

When we read more, poems if we can stand it, can make a big difference in how put the sentence together.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@admin the first paragraph of any article is the hook. Without it, the reader moves on

admin

admin

Community Leader
Reaction score
Very true. In mobile if page loading takes more than 6 seconds, the user moves on. The same applies to what you have said. A good first paragraph or disaster.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Slide shows help ? By that way, we can show featured articles.

P

phenomlab

Valued Member
Reaction score
@Abhi This really depends on how Google for example indexes the page. If those meta tags are not captured, then it doesn't add any value except to those who visit the site often.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
Reaction score
But we will be able to present more choices to visitors. I see that every major tech blog has a featured listing on the top.

There must be something that these admins noticed. Yes, slides are on the downside of the trend these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.