Blog VS Website which is better for SEO?

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: Sharon
S

Sharon

Valued Member
AB$
I'm making a serious effort to try and generate more traffic and ultimately repeat visitors in the long term. I am considering creating a blog or website for my forum. Is better to create a blog or website or should I find a way to improve SEO straight to my forum?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
A blog is very useful if you can provide content in a regular manner. I am too lazy so I like forums 😆

S

Sharon

Valued Member
AB$
@Abhi I can understand that and completely relate! haha Do you think it matters though whether you make a blog or maybe just a one paged website to compliment your forum to help generate more traffic?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
It works well if we can import blog post into a forum topic and discuss it there. But Google likes blogs with comments. So we are killing our blog when we take the discussion away.

Yes, forum + blog is an idea which is very popular these days. You are very correct about it.

S

Sharon

Valued Member
AB$
Thanks for the insight @Abhi I would love to have my forum appear on higher pages on Google for particular keywords however, there seems to be such competition that I'm not sure if it's even possible! I'm sure having a blog to compliment a forum's content wouldn't hurt.

F

Fait

Valued Member
AB$
I got a forum with a blog add on so I personally think a blog, but then again a normal website can be good for business seo.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
> @Sharon I'm sure having a blog to compliment a forum's content wouldn't hurt.

Start one. Let me know if you need any help.

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
> @Fait I got a forum with a blog add on

Which software ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.