Backlinks

Webmaster Forums, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

AdminBrave is a community with useful content and resources. Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share with us!

Thread Owner: StormyFire
S

StormyFire

Valued Member
AB$
Do you try to get a lot of backlinks for your site to increase your search engine rank? What are some good strategies for getting good backlinks to your site?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
The best strategy for me is to make sure not select bad websites to for backlinks. If a bad website is recommending us, it is bad for us too.

There used be a member who had a lot of bad backlinks and it was hurting their SEO.

Jasony

Jasony

Valued Member
AB$
I figure the best way is just to do guest blog posts - as long as it's done in a way that doesn't look too much like you're pushing the search engines.

Well, a good strategy is simply to look, well, actually, spy, lol - on websites that are winning by using software like Majestic, SEM Rush etc.. Who has used these tools?

S

Sharon

Valued Member
AB$
What's interesting to me is when I Google the name of my forum it doesn't give me results straight to my forum but to other communities where I've advertised (with permission of course). I haven't tried guest blogging but that's interesting! I will have to look at that as an advertising option.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
AB$
Thank You Badge
Here's a question: How does backlinks differ from Affiliate Exchanges? Do they perform the same function? Is one more beneficial than the other?

Abhi

Abhi

Valued Member
AB$
> @ZandraJoi How does backlinks differ from Affiliate Exchanges?

Both are almost the same. A backlink is a link that will reach your website when clicked.

Affiliate is when we do that same for the other end too based on a trade decision.

If there are a lot of backlinks to your pages from other good quality websites, it will help us a lot in Google search. Backlinks are a very important metric Google uses to rate a page, article or a website.

admin

admin

Community Leader
AB$
@ZandraJoi Google does not like " I scratch your back, you do mine " link exchanges. They were very clear about it at least a year ago. Link exchange is not something Google promotes or put their weight on.

Google prefers natural backlinks. Like " read this article, it is great ", " you can get this product here " etc.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
AB$
Thank You Badge
Thank you @Abhi & @admin for helping clarify :)

Lammchen

Lammchen

Valued Member
AB$
I'm not good at keeping up with backlinks. I know it's important but it seems like too much work sometimes. What are easy ways to get backlinks?

admin

admin

Community Leader
AB$
@Lammchen

Signature links are the best way if we are not into spamming and leaving links on other forums.

But there are other options as well. Easier of these will be to right good articles and when people share it, we get genuine high quality backlinks.

Also, encourage people to share such useful links to your website on social media like Twitter and FB. When they get shared, it is very helpful SEO -wise

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.